You know those days/weeks/months where you need a little pick-me-up? Well, I got one the other day when my Twitter soulmate, up-and-coming YA author—yes, I said author—she just landed Andrea Hurst agent Vickie Motter (congrats again!)—Cambria Dillon bestowed this “Stylish Blogger Award” upon me.
Aw shucks, C! :) Thanks so much!!
Part of the deal is that I have to list seven things about myself—and follow these rules:
1: Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award. (check!)
2: Share seven things about yourself. (getting there!!)3: Award ten recently discovered great bloggers (*thinking*)
4: Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award. (I always feel lame telling people this . . . so I probably won’t. Sorry!)
SEVEN THINGS—UM, YEAH, THIS IS HARDER THAN IT LOOKS
- When I was in high school and in college, I wanted to be a soap opera actress. On General Hospital, to be exact. Hence the name of this blog and hence part of the plot of my first manuscript (that may or may not see the light of day—it’s currently in a drawer—well, not an *actual* drawer. It’s in a folder on my computer.)
- My favorite number is 8. Always has been. No idea why.
- I have a problem: I think I am addicted to the color purple. I don’t mean the book—although that’s not too shabby. I mean as in I can name five things in my immediate line of vision that are purple. (Way more than than if you count the purple pens in my pen cup!) And that’s just sitting at my desk.
- I *definitely* am addicted to caffeine. Because all the writer friends I know—or people who think they drink a lot of coffee—always look at me like I’m crazy. I mean, two cups of coffee a day and you think you’re addicted? Honey, please. But I’m trying to cut back a little because I feel like it’s been giving me chest pains lately.
- See that “I Can Haz Award” thing in the title? I know I’m a YA author and Internet-savvy and whatever, but . . . I really hate that. And “Internets.” And I know a lot of my bloggy friends talk this way, so I’m really sorry—but it’s just one of those things that makes me want to rip my eyes out. Or yours. 🙂
- I write YA and I’m not ashamed. And, if you’re even reading this far down into the list, that means you probably already know that about me. But I’m just saying. I have felt lately like I have to defend myself—and my career choice—to a lot of people. Even if I’ve only been defending it to them in my head. And maybe it’s just my own insecurities getting the best of me (probably). But sometimes I feel like I have to apologize for what I do—or hide it—or downplay it (I do A LOT of this)—and I’m kind of . . . tired of feeling that way.
- I have tiger’s blood in my veins. OK—that one’s not true. But, as I said, this IS harder than it seems.
I’d like to pass this award on to the following fantastic bloggers:
- Jess Lawson
- Alison Miller
- Marice Kraal
- Gina Penney
- Bridgid Gallagher
- J.M. Lacey
- Carolina Valdez Miller
- Sara McClung
- Cristin Terrill
Check ’em out! These are some of my favorite writing peeps, and they might become yours, too!🙂